Mathematics for plants
- Modelling & Simulation – CybeleTech has strong expertise in mechanistic modelling of the soil-plant-atmosphere system. Our technologies enable to simulate the development of a crop, on a daily basis, by taking into account crop management, soil and weather conditions
- Data Valorisation – The agricultural world generates a large amount of data. Collected data can differ considerably one to another. It ranges from variety breeding data to sensor data of first processing devices, and includes data from weather monitoring, greenhouses monitoring, crop management practices (fertilization, irrigation, phytosanitary treatment…), yields, harvested products quality, phenotyping
- HPC – High Performance Computing (HPC) refers to the practice of aggregating computing power (ie parallel computing) for running advanced application programs.
- Remote Sensing – Remote sensing is the science of collecting and analyzing data from a distant surface. Earth surface images are typically taken in several bandwidths of the electromagnetic spectrum, from aircraft or satellites.
Red and near infrared images are of particular use in agriculture as vegetation has a high reflectance in infrared and a low reflectance in red. Several vegetation indices are used to identify the nature and the status of a crop surface. The NDVI (Normalised Difference Vegetation Index) is one of the most commonly used indices in agriculture.
CybeleTech collects and analyses high quality earth surface images to:
- identify crops
- estimate crop yield
- assimilate data in our numerical simulations of crop development