Teralytic is a soil analytics company that makes it easy for farmers to grow more using less, while reducing the environmental impact of agriculture. Teralytic’s wireless probe contains 26 sensors to provide the most detailed soil quality data available, reporting soil moisture, salinity, and NPK at three different depths, as well as aeration, spiration, air temperature, light, and humidity. With no wires and an incredibly easy set-up, we provide customized recommendations and send real-time alerts to farmers’ phones and desktops. For more information visit www.teralytic.com.
Soil Sensors as a Service
● The Teralytic probe contains 26 sensors: microclimate sensors measure air temperature, humidity, and light; soil sensors measure soil moisture, salinity, soil temperature, pH, nitrate, potassium, and phosphorus; and gas sensors measure aeration and respiration.
● These sensors take a snapshot of soil conditions every 15 minutes.
● Probes connect to a gateway through LoRa wireless technology. The gateway sends data to the cloud via either cellular, satellite, or a standard internet connection, which can be accessed on any cellular device or desktop computer.
● Teralytic charges up front per probe plus a yearly subscription. This SaaS-based model includes sensors, networking, software, and analytics.
● Teralytic’s dashboard features a farmer-friendly interface that gives farmers all the info they need, when they need it.
● Using Terascore, our best-in-class metric that analyzes hundreds of data points from your farm and industry statistics, we summarize what farmers need to know about soil health and easy, actionable insights for their specific farms. Terascore is completely customized to the unique profile of the farm.
● Farmers get real-time alerts on their phone or desktop when the probes detect poor soil conditions for their crops—so they can take action before problems occur.
● Farmers can also look ahead and gain insights about soil’s fertility both now and into
the future, making crop planning easier than ever.